The Paralibrarian board would love to support our members in their certification efforts. We have heard from a few applicants that they have taken the time recently to pursue their professional development. For those who may be looking for a place to begin, a couple of board members have compiled a list of interesting and informative webinars.
The following list are webinars found on WebJunction.
- Bilingual Storytimes: Reaching Through the Language Barrier
- Coping with Change
- Dealing with Angry Patrons
- Intro to Cataloging for Non-Cataloguers
- Leaving Fort Ref
- Look First: Creating Exceptional Patron Experiences
- Providing Constructive Employee Feedback
- Public Library Directors 101
- Rainbow Family Connections: Embracing LGBTQ Families at Your Library
- Serving Library Users on the Autism Spectrum: Project PALS
- Shelving with LOC Classifications
- There will always be Storytellers…
- Where Teens and Technology Meet
- Why Diverse Literature Matters for Youth Services
Have you taken any classes or webinars that you would recommend? We’d love to hear from you, leave a note in the comments!